Thursday, March 20, 2014

SLOW COOKER CORNED BEEF AND CABBAGE

I know it’s a week late, but this turned out so well I had to share it. I promise to re-post it again next year, a week BEFORE St.Patrick’s Day! It was so easy. I started it before I left for work in the morning and finished it in time for Dinner when I got home!




*This will serve 4-6


INGREDIENTS:


4 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick pieces
10 baby red potatoes, quartered
1/2 onion, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
2 Leeks, slice up only the white and light green parts
4 pound corned beef brisket with spice packet
6 ounces beer
 4 cups water
1/2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
½ cup white vinegar


DIRECTIONS:


Place the carrots, potatoes, leeks, and onion into the bottom of a slow cooker, pour in the water, and place the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour the beer over the brisket. Sprinkle on the spices from the packet, cover, and set the cooker on Low
Cook the brisket for about 8 hours. An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and vinegar and cook for 1 more hour. Let the meat set at least ten minutes before cutting.


.

** Some more notes: Make sure you get the “Flat Cut” Brisket, and be sure when you cut it to go across the grain of the meat!!! I use an electric knife for this because it falls apart so easy. It does a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment